Pro Plus#35550 / Premium
Performance horse feed
Equilibrium Pro Plus is a versatile high fat and highly fortified pelleted feed designed primarily for performance horses. It is also a valuable option for breeding and growing horses. Equilibrium Pro Plus dense nutrient content yields a versatile product suitable for situations when one feed has to meet the variable needs of every horse in the barn. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free facility.
- Essential Amino Acids
Contains an elevated level of vegetable oil (7%)
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Helps regulate glycemic and insulin response.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains elevated and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle tone, joint health and proper growth.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
Contains an elevated level of Vitamin E (245 IU/kg.) and organic selenium (0.4 ppm)
- Effective antioxidants. Helps repair the oxidative stress of exercise.
- Helps supports immune functions and overall health.
Equilibrium Pro Plus is recommended for performance horses, breeding stallions, broodmares and growing foals. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 225 grams of Purina Equilizer (35710). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Pro Plus
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|13 to 18 months||1.33||1.33|
|19 months and +||1.14||1.25|
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Optimal (35720) may be better suited as a supplement than Equilizer (35710).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||12000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1200 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||245 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||Soya Bean Meal, DL-Methionine|
|Starch||Ground Corn, Ground Wheat|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Copper, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Cobalt Carbonate, Organic Selenium|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.