Max#35420 / Platinum
Veloci‑T Max is a sweet feed (textured) formulated for racehorses. It is a perfect balance of nutrition and palatability. Veloci‑T MAX utilizes modern technological capabilities and latest nutritional research on the requirements vital for racing to provide a feed for optimal race performance while maximizing body condition and gut health. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free equine facility.
- Essential Amino Acids
- Organic Minerals
- Vitamins B,C and E
Contains 10% vegetable oil
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Helps regulate glycemic and insulin response.
- Delays gastric emptying which aids in ulcer prevention.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains Opti‑Flakes - extruded corn
- Optimally "cooked". Reminiscent of the good old days of "cooking" grains.
- Highly digestible in small intestine.
- Helps minimize gut upset (colic) by preventing starch overload in the hindgut. Totally eliminating the negative aspect associated with whole and cracked corn.
- Palatable. No preservatives.
Contains flaxseed (an excellent source of Omega‑3) for an optimally balanced fatty acid profile of 5:1, Omega-6 to Omega‑3
- Improves hair coat and skin condition.
- Supports immune functions, anti-inflammatory properties and ulcer healing.
- Promotes membrane integrity and cell (including red blood cells) viability.
- Helps maintain proper cognitive ability.
Contains Horse Plus™, Purina’s exclusive blend of vitamins, consisting of a full complement of the 8 B‑vitamins (including biotin), vitamin C, E and K
- Essential blood‑building nutrients.
- Supports immune function and overall health.
- Essential for proper utilization of energy for exercise.
- Improves fertility and sperm quality.
- Helps protect against exercise induced stress.
Contains organic copper, zinc and manganese
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bio‑availability for heightened performance and immunity.
Contains elevated and organic selenium
- Plays a role in the control of thyroid hormones.
- Effective anti-oxidant. Helps repair the oxidative stress of exercise, especially when horse ties-up.
- Enhances immune response.
Contains added Methionine
- Essential amino acid and organic form of sulfur.
- Supports chondroitin sulfate formation which is important for joint health.
- Supports hoof quality.
Contains a high level of Vitamin E (300 IU/kg)
- Important antioxidant needed by exercising horses.
Contains an elevated sodium chloride content
- A salt/electrolyte helps maintain proper hydration.
Contains a proprietary blend of yeast, prebiotic and probiotic
- Improves hindgut fermentation resulting in increased energy and protein utilization.
- Helps promote good gut bacteria and protect against harmful bacteria for improved gut health.
Canadian manufactured in a 100% drug free facility
- No possibility of a detrimental drug contamination or a race positive.
- Made locally for ultimate freshness.
Veloci‑T Max is recommended for racehorses. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 275 grams of Purina Optimal (35720). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Veloci‑T Max
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Equilizer (35710) may be better suited as a supplement than Optimal (35720).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||11050 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1655 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||300 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, Soya Bean Meal, L-Lysine|
|Starch||Extruded Corn, Flaked Barley, Whole Grain Oats|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Prebiotic||Yeast cell wall|
|Probiotic||Yeast, Mixture of Live Bacteria|
|Vitamins||Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Selenium, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium, Ferric Oxide|
|Multi-Attributes||Wheat shorts, Distillers|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.