Maternity XT#35510 / Platinum
Feed for broodmare and foal
Equilibrium Maternity XT is a highly digestible extruded feed for broodmares, nursing and growing foals. Equilibrium Maternity XT utilizes state of the art food processing technology (extrusion) to kill undesirable microorganisms and maximize digestibility and the latest scientific research on the nutritional requirements vital for optimal growth, milk production and health. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free equine facility.
- Essential Amino Acids
- Organic Minerals
- Vitamins B,C and E
An Extruded Feed
- An optimal cooking process that gelatinizes starch for increased small intestine digestion. Helps minimize colic by preventing starch overload in the hindgut.
- Cooking process kills undesirable germs.
- Slows feed intake. Ideal for horses that bolt their feed.
- Heat denatures (deactivates) certain allergens. Ideal for horses susceptible to food-borne allergies.
Contains flaxseed (an excellent source of Omega‑3) for an optimally balanced fatty acid profile of 5:1, Omega-6 to Omega‑3
- Improves hair coat and skin condition.
- Supports immune function and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Important for proper cognitive development.
- Improves fertility in mares.
Contains Horse Plus™, Purina’s exclusive blend of vitamins, consisting of a full complement of the 8 B‑vitamins (including biotin), vitamin C, E and K
- Helps support proper immune function and overall health.
- Essential for proper utilization or energy for growth and milk production.
- Helps enhance fertility.
Contains elevated and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle and joint development and milk production.
Contains chelated copper, zinc, manganese and selenium
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bioavailability to improve immune response, bone development and decrease the risk of DOD’s (Developmental opedic Diseases).
- Supports the transplacental transfer of selenium during late gestation.
Contains an exclusive blend of prebiotic and Purina Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
- Helps promote good gut bacteria and protect against harmful bacteria.
- Supports antibodies (IgG, IgA, IgM) production in colostrum.
Contains an elevated level of selenium (0.4 ppm)
- Important antioxidants.
- Helps prevent foal selenium deficiencies.
Equilibrium Maternity XT is recommended for the gestating, lactating mare and nursing and growing foal. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 275 grams of Purina Optimal (35720). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Maternity XT
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|4 to 6 months||1.01||1.25|
|7 to 18 months||0.91||1.25|
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Equilizer (35710) may be better suited as a supplement than Optimal (35720).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||10000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||2200 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||220 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, Soya Bean Meal, L-Lysine|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Prebiotic||Yeast cell wall|
|Vitamins||Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Selenium, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium|
|Multi-Attributes||Wheat shorts, Distillers|
|Flavour/Binder||Molasses, Added flavour|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.